Today there are 40 of us, and we continue to grow. We are a passionate team with a range of backgrounds and skills. What we have in common is our shared values, and that together we plan to solve a problem that devastates millions of lives around the world.
About this role
The purpose of this role is to provide quality support to the the 3 sales teams. The role will focus on driving efficiencies thought discreet projects, support to the sales team in onboarding new brokers and day-to-day support in making sure we understand how we performing through reporting.
This is a 3 month internship, with potential to develop into a full time position as a Sales Development Associate.
We're hiring a Sales Development Intern to support the UK, US and Global Major Accounts Sales teams in growing our business three-fold in 2023 by:
- Providing daily support to the UK Sales team in the creation and maintenance of detailed files for the 300, and growing, broking offices that use FloodFlash across multiple platforms
- Providing 15 flood risk information packs per month to assist brokers in understanding and explaining the quotes we provide
- Processing 10 amendments per month to new business and renewal policies on the policy administration system
- Drafting 10 presentation decks a month for broker and client meetings
- Managing the sign-up process of 10 new broker offices per month to our terms of business arrangement
- Providing responses to non-product queries sent via email
- Providing assistance to weekly and quarterly reporting
The base salary range for this internship is £14,605.50 - £20,319.00 per annum (depending on your age). This is a 3-month internship, and salary will be paid pro-rata.
We are looking for someone with
- The ability to demonstrate a transferable skill set, proactivity and initiative
- A willingness to be coached and trained on new platforms
- Determination, curiosity, and creative problem solving
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail even under pressure
- Intermediate IT skills (good understanding of Microsoft applications)
- Great customer service skills
- Excellent written and spoken English
- A background in commercial insurance, either at an insurer or broker would be a plus
- An interest in taking-up a full time position as a Sales Development Associate at the end of the internship would also be a plus
About working with us
FloodFlash is an equal opportunities employer, committed to treating all employees and job applicants equally. We do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on grounds of (including, but not limited to) race or colour, nationality, national or ethnic origin, gender, relationship status, religion, age, sexual orientation or disability.
FloodFlash actively encourages candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply.
We’ve described what an ideal profile might look like but we’d love to hear from you if you have other relevant skills and experience.
What can you expect as part of your internship:
- One-on-one mentorship and feedback throughout the internship
- Helping the sales teams to provide flood insurance to businesses who couldn’t get it anywhere else
- Work with teams across the company to gain a wide range of experience
- 25 days paid holiday plus bank holidays per annum (pro-rated)
- Office refreshments & snacks, Thursday lunches and team celebrations throughout the year.