Today there are 40 of us, and we continue to grow. We are a passionate team with a range of backgrounds and skills. What we have in common is our shared values, and that together we plan to solve a problem that devastates millions of lives around the world.
About this role
The Broker Development Manager will help us to identify, onboard and grow strong and deep relationships with our broker partners.
You’ll have the opportunity to help build new digital tools, frictionless processes and engaging content to ensure brokers always present us to their clients when they have a flood insurance problem.
The ideal candidate has managed broker relationships in the past in the commercial insurance industry in the UK and has either introduced new products or guided partners through new technology solutions. You should have great relationships and be known as a responsive problem solver who is comfortable working with autonomy at a fast pace.
We are hiring someone to help us grow our new business 2-fold in the next year. To do this you will:
- Find and qualify new broker partners, pitching the FloodFlash proposition and ensuring each new broker partner can enthusiastically and authentically represent FloodFlash to their clients
- Onboard new brokerages both ensuring that all due diligence is completed and also hosting sessions or creating videos to ensure each stakeholder at the brokerage understands how FloodFlash works and the value we offer
- Build a pipeline of new business opportunities that will ensure FloodFlash meets its targets
- Build out account plans with FloodFlash's key broker partners, agreeing actions based on what broker data tells us
- Perfect our partner messaging, materials and outreach, working closely with marketing to refine our content and communications for the broker community
- Expand existing broker relationships into new offices and with new contacts and increasing quote volumes and revenue per brokerage
- Becoming an expert in the brokerage community around parametric and catastrophe insurance
- Obsess over our brokers' wants and needs to always identify potential areas for improvements in helping ensure FloodFlash is a real solutions and liaising with our product and insurance teams to drive continuous improvements
- Provide insights internally on market intelligence that you collect from the field
- Update the CRM with brokerage details and broker contact information to ensure marketing can run effective campaigns and communications
We are looking for someone who:
- Has significant experience managing relationships with brokers in the commercial insurance space, ideally in Property
- Has met and/or exceeded stretching commercial targets and helped set and achieve targets for your assigned brokers
- Has worked in an environment with a great amount of change. This could be an internal reorganisation, a product launch, a start-up or perhaps the roll out of a new process or technology to your broker partners
- Possesses great communication skills. You work well with both internal teams (Underwriting & Pricing, Product Compliance) and external partners
- Is well-liked and respected by your peers and your customers (and probably call many of them your friends)
It would be a plus if:
- You’ve worked in a high-growth setting
- You live and breathe technology, and can speak about it fluently and passionately
- You’ve presented to large groups at conferences or trade shows
- You are a master at building PowerPoints or compelling presentations
The base salary range for this role is £50,000 to £65,000 and there is a bonus plus company equity (shares).
About working with us
FloodFlash is an equal opportunities employer, committed to treating all employees and job applicants equally. We do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on grounds of (including, but not limited to) race or colour, nationality, national or ethnic origin, gender, relationship status, religion, age, sexual orientation or disability.
FloodFlash actively encourages candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply.
We’ve described what an ideal profile might look like but we’d love to hear from you if you have other relevant skills and experience.
Here’s what you can expect as part of your package when you join FloodFlash
- 25 days paid holiday plus bank holidays
- Company share options
- Enrolment onto our pension scheme from your first day
- Office refreshments & snacks, Thursday lunches and team celebrations throughout the year
- Salary sacrifice options which offer tax savings such as CycleScheme, TechScheme and the Nursery Workplace payment scheme
We provide our team with benefits that reflect how much we value them.
- We’re dedicated to continual learning and offer
- an annual professional development budget
- dedicated time for study
- peer-to-peer learning opportunities
- We offer a flexible, hybrid style of working, and support you to enable your best working environment. You can choose to work from
- the FloodFlash office in London
- home/remotely with a home-working budget of £500 for equipment
- We add you to our group life insurance policy at 4x your salary from day one
- We sign you up to our health and wellbeing resources including SmartHealth on-demand GP, mental health support service and memberships to Meditopia and Fiit