We're hiring a Catastrophe analyst to provide high-class analytical support for our risk research and underwriting activities
Our Catastrophe analyst will:
- Work on research projects to:
- deliver a US property-level risk pricing methodology for launch in Q2 2022
- develop property-level risk pricing methodologies in different territories
- create new datasets and methodologies that address local-scale uncertainties in flood hazard modelling
- establish the market validity of our modelling approaches for underwriting parametric flood insurance
- Lead one-off risk analysis projects for larger-scale parametric flood insurance policies.
- Develop automated portfolio analytics for internal monitoring and reporting to our insurance partners.
- Support the CSO in promoting research best practices and skills development within the analytics function, and more broadly, at FloodFlash.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams (e.g. marketing/product/analytics/dev) to support other data and research projects.
The starting salary range for this role is £35,000 to £60,000, plus company equity (shares).
Here’s what you can expect as part of your package when you join FloodFlash
- 25 days paid holiday plus bank holidays
- Company share options
- Enrolment onto our pension scheme from your first day
- Office refreshments & snacks, Thursday lunches and team celebrations throughout the year
- The option to use our cycle-to-work salary sacrifice scheme
We provide our team with benefits that reflect how much we value them. So we
- are dedicated to continual learning and offer
- an annual professional development budget
- dedicated time for study
- peer-to-peer learning opportunities
- offer a flexible, hybrid style of working, and support you to enable your best working environment. You can choose to work from
- the FloodFlash office in London
- home/remotely with a home-working budget of £500 for equipment
- add you to our group life insurance policy at 4x your salary from day one
- sign you up to our health and wellbeing resources including SmartHealth on-demand GP, mental health support service and memberships to Calm and Fiit apps
Today there are 23 of us. In the next six months we’ll be 50+, across two continents. We are a passionate team with a range of backgrounds and skills. What we have in common is our shared values, and that together we plan to solve a problem that devastates millions of lives around the world.