About the role
Chief of staff means different things in different companies: anything from administrative assistant to COO-in-training. This is the latter. You will have access to everything that the chief exec does.
The chief of staff will work with the CEO to:
- set and communicate the strategy
- support, grow and hold accountable the FloodFlash team to execute the strategy
- deliver the capital to execute the strategy
We are hiring a chief of staff to:
- Understand every part of FloodFlash inside-out within 60 days, building effective relationships with department heads in the process (sales, marketing, technology, product, hardware, compliance, analytics).
- Set up and start growing FloodFlash’s US team and operations over the next 180 days: from the minutiae of establishing an office, to working on distribution strategy with the head of US distribution, the CEO and other department heads, to scaling the FloodFlash culture as we grow across two continents.
- Coordinate the process of setting OKRs (or equivalent), and support department heads to deliver them.
- Own ad-hoc projects on strategy (e.g. market entry), operations (e.g. embedding efficiency) and elsewhere.
- Coordinate fundraising as we approach our Series B: storytelling design, owning multi-year financial models and forecasts.
- Build an exceptionally high level of trust with the CEO, reaching a point where they can make decisions without the CEO in the room.
- Build the experience and credibility to become, in 24-36 months, COO at FloodFlash or founder/CEO/senior exec elsewhere (with our full support and best wishes).
The starting salary range for this role is £60,000 to £80,000, plus company equity (shares).
About working with us
Here’s what you can expect as part of your package when you join FloodFlash
- 25 days paid holiday plus bank holidays
- Company share options
- Enrolment onto our pension scheme from your first day
- Office refreshments & snacks, Thursday lunches and team celebrations throughout the year
- The option to use our cycle-to-work salary sacrifice scheme
We provide our team with benefits that reflect how much we value them. So we
- are dedicated to continual learning and offer
- an annual professional development budget
- dedicated time for study
- peer-to-peer learning opportunities
- offer a flexible, hybrid style of working, and support you to enable your best working environment. Throughout the week you can choose to work from the FloodFlash office in London, or home/remotely with a home-working budget of £500 for equipment
- add you to our group life insurance policy at 4x your salary from day one
- sign you up to our health and wellbeing resources including SmartHealth on-demand GP, mental health support service, and memberships to Calm and Fiit apps
About the team
Today there are 23 of us. In the next six months, we’ll be 50+, across two continents. We are a passionate team with a range of backgrounds and skills. What we have in common is our shared values, and that together we plan to solve a problem that devastates millions of lives around the world.