FloodFlash+ is an extension of our award-winning mass market parametric flood product. The policy works in a very similar manner, however, it is a bespoke solution aimed at customers with larger premium spends and insured property values. The minimum premium for a FloodFlash+ policy is $100k.
The mission for the FloodFlash+ account executive is to prove that there is a large and accessible market for parametric flood insurance amongst larger US risks. Building on the recent success of FloodFlash+ in the US, the account exec will contribute to and help execute the go-to-market strategy. Business development will focus on the agent/broker distribution channel, with end customers in the middle market and large corporate segment.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Play a central role in driving the growth of FloodFlash’s US market presence.
- Develop existing and build new relationships with key agent/broker distribution partners.
- Generate a flow of 15 FloodFlash+ opportunities per month by Q4 2022.
- Represent FloodFlash in the US media, at industry events and conferences.
- Build a close working relationship with the Head of US Distribution and wider US team, to capitalize on cross selling opportunities.
- Work with the Marketing team to position FloodFlash+ as the only feasible parametric flood product in the US, via direct comms, social media and targeted campaigns.
- Become a subject matter expert in parametric flood insurance and demonstrate a strong understanding of competitor products and the US flood insurance market.
Requirements. None of these are cast iron, but we imagine the successful candidate will have several of the following:
- 5+ years insurance distribution experience, either at a wholesale broker, or in a business development role at an insurance carrier.
- Strong preference for experience in large account property cat. Commercial flood experience also beneficial.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Entrepreneurial drive and creativity to build a book of business.
- Passionate about redefining insurance using technology and providing a great customer experience.
- Can-do attitude with interest in working in a dynamic high growth environment.
The starting salary range for this role is $90,000-$110,000 per annum. On top of this you will receive commission and equity.
Here’s what you can expect as part of your package when you join FloodFlash
- 401k matching up to 3% of salary
- Health plan
- Working from home budget
- Professional development budget and dedicated time for study (e.g. ANFI qualification)
- Unlimited holiday
- Life insurance
About the team
Today there are 34 of us. In the next six months we’ll be 50+, across two continents. We are a passionate team with a range of backgrounds and skills. What we have in common is our shared values, and that together we plan to solve a problem that devastates millions of lives around the world.