We're hiring a Senior backend developer to drive API development at FloodFlash forward; bringing significant Scala and API delivery experience and expertise, teaching other colleagues and supporting the Head of Technology.
Our Senior backend developer will:
- Design and implement Scala APIs for our expansion to the US market; These will be initially used internally, but will become a part of our external product.
- Ensure our back-end remains robust, fault tolerant, secure and scalable, and to articulate design patterns and architectures that achieve this to others.
- Propose and utilise new technologies that solve business problems where appropriate.
- Teach other team members about Scala development techniques, paradigms and architectures.
- Recognise when provided requirements are incomplete and work to understand the underlying customer or business issue.
The starting salary range for this role is £70,000 to £85,000, plus company equity (shares).
Here’s what you can expect as part of your package when you join FloodFlash
- 25 days paid holiday plus bank holidays
- Company share options
- Enrolment onto our pension scheme from your first day
- Office refreshments & snacks, Thursday lunches and team celebrations throughout the year
- The option to use our cycle-to-work salary sacrifice scheme
We provide our team with benefits that reflect how much we value them. So we
- are dedicated to continual learning and offer
- an annual professional development budget
- dedicated time for study
- peer-to-peer learning opportunities
- offer a flexible, hybrid style of working, and support you to enable your best working environment. You can choose to work from
- the FloodFlash office in London
- home/remotely with a home-working budget of £500 for equipment
- add you to our group life insurance policy at 4x your salary from day one
- sign you up to our health and wellbeing resources including SmartHealth on-demand GP, mental health support service and memberships to Calm and Fiit apps
Today there are 23 of us. In the next six months we’ll be 50+, across two continents. We are a passionate team with a range of backgrounds and skills. What we have in common is our shared values, and that together we plan to solve a problem that devastates millions of lives around the world.