We're hiring a Junior backend developer to build quality APIs on the FloodFlash platform using development best-pratice, and learn from more experienced colleagues about both software development and the wider business.
Our Junior backend developer will:
- Contribute development to the FloodFlash APIs, utilising Scala, Slick, Akka Http and Cats.
- Use best practices such as git, merge/pull requests, and code reviews to deliver software that meets users' requirements.
- Deliver new functionality to internal and external users through APIs, whilst understanding how API deployments impact those users.
- Keep the codebase's test coverage high, by writing unit and acceptance tests.
- Develop an understanding of existing product functionality and new feature requirements.
- Appreciate how your work relates to that of others' and strive to help the team succeed each Sprint
The starting salary range for this role is £37,000 to £45,000, plus company equity (shares).
Here’s what you can expect as part of your package when you join FloodFlash
- 25 days paid holiday plus bank holidays
- Company share options
- Enrolment onto our pension scheme from your first day
- Office refreshments & snacks, Thursday lunches and team celebrations throughout the year
- The option to use our cycle-to-work salary sacrifice scheme
We provide our team with benefits that reflect how much we value them. So we
- are dedicated to continual learning and offer
- an annual professional development budget
- dedicated time for study
- peer-to-peer learning opportunities
- offer a flexible, hybrid style of working, and support you to enable your best working environment. You can choose to work from
- the FloodFlash office in London
- home/remotely with a home-working budget of £500 for equipment
- add you to our group life insurance policy at 4x your salary from day one
- sign you up to our health and wellbeing resources including SmartHealth on-demand GP, mental health support service and memberships to Calm and Fiit apps
Today there are 23 of us. In the next six months we’ll be 50+, across two continents. We are a passionate team with a range of backgrounds and skills. What we have in common is our shared values, and that together we plan to solve a problem that devastates millions of lives around the world.